Jason Pausman’s Resume:
A customer-focused, creative senior Product Management leader with nearly 20 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, geographically dispersed and cross-functional environment. A proven record of increasing productivity and performance through dynamic leadership, strategic planning, product lifecycle management and innovation. Passionate about enabling business using sensible solutions as well as identifying and mentoring top talent.
Strategic Planning Product Management Agile Development
Budget Development / Management Project Management Software Development
Team Building and Mentoring Operations Management IoT (internet of Things)
Iron Mountain, Director, 07/2017-Present
As the Director of Product Management, I lead a multiple work streams of products and processes across the global organization.
- Designed and Implement the Product Management Lifecycle for Iron Mountain Products representing 3.7BN in annual revenue
- Leading the Shred Products (17+) and responsible for meeting financial goals of ~$400MM in annual revenue
- Leading a cross-functional team designing and standing up the customer-facing mobile application
- Building the Product Enablement organization with partnership of Sales, Marketing and Product
IDEXX Laboratories, Director, 05/2014-04/2017
As the Director of VetLab Information Services, I lead the commercial team of Product Managers responsible for the In-House Diagnostics IoT to include hardware & software lifecycle management, operations, contracts, investments, strategy, etc… as well as the Data Insights reporting teams.
- Managing the IoT environment that includes 130k devices, >100MM transactions in over 100 countries in fourteen languages.
- Increased Gross Margin 20% over a two-year period.
- Created a Localization team that built close relationship with Int’l teams, 65% improvement on feedback implementation time and 15% savings (compared to previous years)
- Reduced annual expense by $3.1MM through supplier negotiations and focus on core competencies.
- Scored a >94% Employee Engagement score two years in a row.
Bank of America, SVP-Senior Product Manager, 05/2010-04/2014
Product Management Lead in the Midrange Storage, Network and End-User Compute organizations responsible for delivering customer-centric product lifecycle routines, strategy & delivery for Technology Infrastructure.
- Developed Product Management job definition and education material, Co-Author of the Product Management Playbook and facilitated global training for senior technology practitioners.
- Product Lead in Midrange Storage and Network Services in wholesale reorganization from a single-vendor governance model to a multi-vendor functional model.
- Selected and completed Technology Leadership training at the University of Virginia (1/39 selected out of 17,000 leaders).
Bank of America, SVP-Senior Project Manager, 10/2008-2/2010
Marketing and Associate Enablement Technology Senior Project Manager -Facilitated Merrill Lynch/Countrywide transition with rationalizing ‘tech-for-tech’ applications.
- Led the assessment phase in reviewing and consolidating processes and applications focused on integrating the global marketing, corporate affairs and technology tools.
- Grew the PMO team from a reporting focus to one that is responsible for forecasting, capacity planning and release management of 60+ projects and $30MM in annual business.
- Executed the integration of Broadcast technologies, CMS intranet sites and third-party marketing platforms designed for direct marketing and ad-review processes.
Bank of America, Vice President, Senior Service Delivery Manager, 9/2007 – 10/2008
Sales Service and Execution Technology lead for the innovative retail experience charged with increasing deposit/card sales within the retail centers.
- Partnered with the customer experience business team, “Store of the Future” team, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to create the “Center for Future Banking”.
- Strategic leader on the implementation of a behavioral-targeting retail experience designed to present offers and products to customers in a seamless manner.
- Designed and led team training to improve skills such as emotional intelligence, problem solving, facilitation, influence and negotiation skills.
Bank of America, Vice President, Senior Service Delivery Manager, 6/2004 – 10/2007
- Managed geographically dispersed teams of full-time employees and contractors responsible for the delivery of eCommerce initiatives for multiple line of business such as credit cards, deposits, mortgages and insurance products
- Led a team to India to research and improve initiative process, quality assurance and employee engagement, resulting in quicker employee engagement as well as longer off-shore staff retention.
- Accountable for online CF5, CFMX, J2EE integration with backend support applications Websphere, MQ middleware and third party points such as credit agencies and outside Ad agencies.
- In support of the $40 million portfolio, routine activities included project financial forecasting, capacity planning, process improvement, training, hiring and performance planning.
- Selected and attended Leadership Forum III (1/350 selected out of 17,000 managers).
- Preapproved on Dot Com project increased online card sales and fulfillment by 17% through a choice of pre-approved card products.
Wachovia, Associate Vice-President, Product Manager, 6/1999-6/2004
- Developed the strategic direction of implementing and optimizing the operations of an enterprise Internet and Intranet Web Analytics solution.
- Identified key conversion rates to increase sales and online customer growth.
- Managed multiple public and authenticated E-Commerce environment implementations
- Responsible for negotiating Service Level Agreements and vendor contracts.
South Carolina Public School System, Teacher, 8/1994 – 6/1998 2006
- Taught high school students World History, World Geography and Psychology. Additional duties were coaching and leading/participating in community events.
- 2006 Babcock School of Management, Wake Forest University, Masters in Business Administration
- 1994 The Citadel, Bachelor of Science in Education